Depression – What is it?
Depression is a condition in which a person can feel low in energy, sad, hopeless, unmotivated, or disinterested in life in general. Many have times when they can feel low due to a short term illness, injury, or event in life. But when these feelings last for a longer period of time, it may be a case of depression.
When these feelings last for more than about two weeks and interfere with daily activities like work school or socialising, it is best to get professional help.
Depression is a situation that affects the way a person thinks, feels, behaves, and functions. This can be improved with various forms of help.
First stop is usually the family doctor, as it may be related to a physical health issue. A depression treatment can help in most cases.
Depression & Anxiety – The same?
Depression and anxiety disorders are different, but people with depression often experience symptoms similar to those of an anxiety disorder, such as nervousness, irritability, and problems sleeping and concentrating. But each disorder has its own causes and its own emotional and behavioral symptoms.
Many people who develop depression have a history of an anxiety disorder earlier in life.
When we have a series of stressful life changing events, or unwilling to face change. These can contribute to unhealthy levels of stress and negative emotions and attitudes and even cause physical symptoms!
- A physical illness or injury
- Unable to manage stress
- Can’t relax to recharge your energy
- Obsessive thinking
- Poor self image or attitude
- A change in career, job, or redundancy
- Personal Relationship issues
- Loss of a loved one
- Stagnated personal growth
- Loss or lack of social life
- Unable to change a bad habit
- Sudden downturn in finances
- Excessive intense emotional levels of Anger, Sadness, Fear or Guilt cause a host of problems with your health, your family, even at work.
Symptoms & Effects
Depression is feeling down, de-energised, weak or hopeless for and extended period of time. With little interest or pleasure in doing things.
ANXIETY and PANIC
- Breathlessness, tightness in the chest
- Fast or irregular heart beat
- Headaches, Migrianes, dizzy spells
- Sleeping problems, nightmares
- Obsessive thoughts
- Fear or panic for what is about to happen
There are many other symptoms, but those mentioned are the most common ones. Moreover, these symptoms can lead to other secondary issues, especially phobias, and OCD. Also many seek an escape into Addictions.
- Alcohol & Drug / Substance abuse
- Excessive risk taking
- Bulimic eating disorders
- Anorexia nervosa
Depression Treatment & Solutions
You can significantly improve your quality of life and get to experience again a feeling of well being.
Although Depression and Anxiety can be a chronic emotional disorder and effecting the body.
With current advances in neurosience we specialise in depression treatments and anxiety disorders, and will help you regain your poise, feel calm, at ease, and well.
A personal depression treatment schedule will be arranged. Using some or all of these methods:
2 day Breakthrough Coaching
NLP (Neuro linguistic Programming)
TIME LINE THERAPY®
Therapeutic audio recordings
Appointment options –
– In our Marbella Clinic.
– A home visit service is available from Malaga to Gibraltar, Globally if you prefer!
– International visitors enjoy travelling to Marbella to have personal sessions away from it all. Either an idyllic retreat with views out over the Spanish countryside, or in a luxury hotel near the beach.
Start with saying hello?
Check our online diary to book a call
How can it be possible that a lifetime of frustration and anger can be lifted in only one day? My husband had outsmarted me convincing everyone, family and close friends, he was not at fault. I almost though I was going insane. Thank you Stuart A lot more value than I had from a rehab clinic in Scotland
I thought it was depression brought about by my being ill for months and off work. But this went on for nearly two years after, and medicated for most of that time. We discovered that my diligence at home and at work which usually serves me, became the beast that had ripped me mentally apart when unable to leave my bed. I did have a number of sessions with Stuart as there was a lifetime under review. But far quicker results than I or my family could have imagined. My horse is also getting more exercise now as I am living free of the problems and the medication that used to sap my joy away.
A regular source of inspirational interviews in Marbella and international media